Sunday, March 29, 2009

High and Low of MoMA


Christina's World
Andrew Wyeth (1917-2009)



The woman crawling through the tawny grass was the artist's neighbour in Maine, who, crippled by polio, "was limited physically but by no means spiritually," Wyeth said.
"The challenge to me was to do justice to her extraordinary conquest of a life which most people would consider hopeless".

Fillette
Louise Bourgeois (born 1911)

"Everything I loved had the shape of people around me... the shape of my husband, the shape of my three sons... so when I wanated to represent something I love, I obviously represented a little penis."

Il mondo e' bello perche' e' vario, e al Museum di Modern Art se ne vedono un po' di tutti i colori.
Ma se in un caso la lettura del commento dell'artista mi ha commosso, nell'altro mi ha fatto cadere le braccia. E tra l'altro quel coso li' appeso al soffitto di piccolo non ha proprio niente, visto che misura ben 59 cm di altezza.

1 comment:

  1. Che dire, tutto è relativo!
    Può darsi che l'artista sia abituata a ben altre dimensioni! ;-)

    ---Alex

    ReplyDelete

E' il pensiero che conta. Basta un CIAO... in qualunque lingua!